Thursday, April 28, 2011

day 3 full of protein & muscle mix

today's lunch included almost 70 grams of protein. my jaw dropped too.
back when i was a vegetarian i dont think i even got this amount in a day.
things have definitely changed.
but this meal plan has been keeping me so full that i dont think ill ever not try to eat this much protein.
protein is good for muscle recovery as well and i have been working my muscles like a mad woman this week.

lunch day 3: 4 oz homemade chicken tenders (plain chicken breast cut into strips, dipped in egg substitute, then coated in panko bread crumbs seasoned with cayenne & garlic powder. bake for about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. dipped in mustard.)
1 cup cottage cheese on the side. looks like a huge amount. and it was. but for 160 cals and 28 grams of protein...sure did keep me full.

i ate this after my first step n' tone class of the day. (i only shadowed the instructor in this one.) was a good work out!

before i headed to my next one (4 hours later) i had a snack of 2 wasa multigrain crackers with two spreadable garlic and herb cheese wedges.

my second class to shadow was muscle mix. not only did i shadow... I TAUGHT THE LAST HALF. which was 30 minutes of strength training. i was so nervous. this instructor had to leave early so she had me teach. here's what i had the class do all to the beats of 32 count music.

Squats w/ dumbbells - singles, 2 counts up and down, 3 counts down, 1 count up, hold&pulse, singles
Lunges w/ dumbbells - same as above
Deadlifts & Rows - singles, hold at bottom, single rows. down, row, up.
Shoulder press (on ball) - same kind of counting
pushups off ball - 2 counts down and up, singles
bicep curls with a wall sit (i think they hated me for keeping them sitting on that wall for so long)
tricep overhead extensions on ball
tricep dips
chest press on ball
chest flies on ball

abs:
plank - 30 sec
twisting plank - 30 sec
side planks - 30 sec
weighted crunches

stretch & cooldown

they all clapped when it was over so i took that as a good sign! and one girl stopped me when i was leaving and told me i did a really great job. YAY!

that left my tummy grumbling.
enter dinner #3: 3 oz grilled chicken strips (more protein yo), 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup yellow squash, 2 cups green beans, 1 cup corn

holy vegetables.
think i got my veggie servings covered.

1 comment:

  1. I love the routine you used for the class :) That sounds like a good one!!!
    I really wish that I could get into eating cottage cheese...but I just cannot get past the texture. I don't know why it gets to me so much...but I know how much protein is in there. Maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete